Latest Baby Ranchu (Side View)

goldenswimmers

Just thought I'd share some pics of my latest batch of little ranchu that I have coming through/am about to move along....they have reached the final stage of baby development(headgrowth is starting to kick in)so they are ready to go out into the big bad world :) Its quite a bit more work involved in breeding fancy goldfish...culling is a major part and varied diets but the reward is great fish that youve had a personal touch on(your taste in culling and what you keep shows in your youngsters :))...anyways I'll shut up and heres some of the guys :)............ SAM_9286_zps2133b3a4.jpg

SAM_9276_zps70558b46.jpg

SAM_9300_zps40590b04.jpg

SAM_9274_zpse3cda7f5.jpg

SAM_9299_zps0683ed06.jpg

Cheers mate...and the culled guys help fatten up the haps :) :) (because haps eat so many goldfish in the wild! :) :) well they are just little fat bundles of brine shrimp and spirulina as youngsters so the haps love em :) :))

Just curious,

What is the percentage of the cull?

Usually id say about 30% but really depends on the genetics of the parents..Ive had parents that gave offspring with lots of "spikes"(partially formed dorsal fins) and then batches where there wasn't one partial dorsal..really just depends on the parents...out of the 30% I usually divide into another 3 grades and Id say about 10% total would be the bees knees :) :) Also might depend on how strict you are with your culls too

Archived