Firthy13's DIsplay Tank - Video

firthy13

Love the P. phenochilus mdoka in combination with the F. rostratus, P. milomo and the L. caeruleus. The contrasting colours and pattern are a real plus. The Peacock looks out of place in the mix.

You have removed some of the rock work since the beginning of the year but as these Hap like a bit is space I can't see there being to many problems. I did like the rock shelf in the old setup.

thanks Ged,

Yeah i know, that peacock is only a temporary resident until i clear out another tank.

I did really like the other universal rock pieces that i have but the others have an open back so they really need to be siliconed in to the tank. The issue is now that i installed the background i cant silicone then in. If i just sit them against the back ground a lot of detritus gets in and gathers under them, it became way to much maintenance.

I pretty happy with the current stocking. They are all so peaceful and open water fish so there is no need to provide them with hiding places.

Looks great, some of the fish have really started to blossom - the Rostratus & VC10 males especially.

How are you finding the white lips in there? I have 10 in my big tank and they are constantly fighting with each other lately. I'm about to take them out and vent them all to get a good male/female ratio to see if that helps, maybe I have too many males, although I know it is at least half-half.

I would love to get a really realistic rock background for my tank one day. Have you seen the aqua-maniac ones?

http://www.aqua-maniac.com/8-dark-background

They look better than the back to nature and aquaterra ones. Unfortunately I will never be able to afford one, the missus would shoot me.

wow they look amazing. i have never seen them before. also when you need 10 feet of background the price really adds up.

at the moment they are all fine. its looks like out of my 9 its 2m/7f, so i have not really seen to much fighting.

Archived