Import Policies?

cooder

Hi guys,

Was wondering about import policies from U.S.A to Australia? is there special fees/permits to receive shipments by air from America?

Ive figured out it would probably be a maximum of 30 hours in a bag and when packaged and handled right that should be fine? no more that 48 hours is the rule right?

hmm dunno, its just i see so many very well priced sites with huge range of f1 and WC, probably would make up for the cheap prices in shipping costs though,

Whats your thoughts?

Cody

http://www.aqis.gov....ommodityId=6114

this document will answer a few questions. your biggest problem is organising an Export Premises approved by a DAFF (Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry) where the fish must stay for 14 days. as well as a quarantine facility here is australia. and even if you did manage it is almost impossible to get fish from the USA or Africa because of distance. That is why these fish are sent to Germany and are imported from Glaser i believe.

also you say you see so many very well priced sites with huge range of f1 and WC. it doesnt matter what country your are importing from you can only import species from that list in the above document. so Grant Parkes list of imports will be basically the same as a list from america or any other country depending on availability.

hope this helps.

at the end of the day, Grant already has everything set up. if it was cheaper and more efficient to import from the US, someone would be doing it.

No different importing from usa, the problem is finding an importer that will send here, to them its in the too hard basket with our import laws

Yeh Firthy it was just wishful thinking :) It would be too much of a hassle,

ill have to stick to Grant and Noddy for my Tang stuff then ahaha

I new they wouldnt make it that easy for us...

Archived