New Rainbow Tank, Pics! "update"

Kerrin

So after picking up a bargain (or so it seemed) I finally got around to setting up my rainbows new home. With alot of care, a bit of stress, some existing decor from some well cycled tanks (internal filters & plants/wood) and about 6 hours I got everything transferred over on Friday.

Though i'd post some pics of how its turned out, plants need to grow, and will over time get some re-arranging, and the internal filters will be removed once I get a canister established in there, but for now i'm pretty happy with how its turned out, and I think you'll agree the fish are settling into their new home well!

the tank

jMvVU.jpg

Couple of my cato river tri's

cpSNP.jpg

jtVrM.jpg

EqNMB.jpg

and i must have been trying for about 2 years to get one like this, anyone who has kept rainbows before will recognise this pose

RNrzP.jpg

Hope you all enjoy!

• 4 weeks later...

Kerrin, stunning rainbows mate. I have a soft spot for these fish, if i had the time to look after one more tank i would definitely go for a rainbow only display tank with more anubias haha. do you know what species they are? they look like m. trifasciata but im not sure from what river... goyder, cato?? haha

Yeah they are cato tri's in the pics, But i've also got goyders, wongo ck tri's, kangaroo ck m. duboulayi, and a school of m. nigrans, in the 4 ft. In a smaller tank (165l) I've got some m. pygmaea and m. macchullochi. Yeah I've got quite the soft spot for them to haha. I finally got around to making a video of them, the thread is here http://www.aceforums.com.au/index.php?showtopic=55598

• 2 weeks later...

So I thought I would post a pic of how the tank has progressed, since the first post I have upgraded to a 4ft twin T5ho light set up, and added an eheim 2215 as well as an eheim jaeger 200w heater.

I have added some plants, and thus far I am pretty happy with how its all growing

Enjoy!

1st set up

Y038TlN.jpg

Today

FicBjlX.jpg

Archived