YeW

Hi Guys and Gals -

I've removed all the preinstalled avatars that come with this forum. The reason for this is simple. Avatar use = more bandwidth. More bandwidth costs us money. I'd rather spend this cash and offer you a choice of a few skins (which will be my project once all the bugs are ironed out.

However, you are most welcome to use avatars you have hosted on your own server space (provided by some ISP's) or on some free webspace on the net.

Cheers ;)

Ok i will bite - what is an avatar?

and another query - why did my bookmark for this page not work this morning - i had to go in through the Sydney Cichlid web page?

Confussion reigns :o

Willy -

See the picture of the yew in my left hand column. Thats an avatar. You can add them in your "My Controls" section.

You should always come in through www.sydneycichlid.com/

don't bookmark the other pages - they may change without warning.

I am "stealing" internet access from work Nigel - Im sure they would start asking all kinds of questions were i to request some space/bandwidth to host images... ;););) Spoke to a bloke last night about getting broadband on the home computer - if i do i will get some webspace with that so then it will be on for young and old (Picture time as soon as I get some more fishes :):)<_< )

PS : I dont feel bad about stealing internet from work :)

I guess its significant because of my science background Dr Dave - the image looks much better when animated. (Genetics was actually my worst subject at uni) ;);):8

Go to this link to see what it looks like when animated. I am strangely mesmerised by the way the curves spiral round into the helix.

I was very close to going with the old fatso wombat image

Ha - its working now - groovy

Dave - I did a little bit of DNA work when i was doing studies into fish immunology , but mostly it was molecular biochemistry (SDS PAGE, Western Blotting, etc). Its amazing what they are doing with DNA these days. We have certainly come a long way since 1953, when Francis Crick and James Watson walked into the Eagle pub in Cambridge, England, and announced that "they had found the secret of life."

Unfortunately the ethical nightmare that it has sparked it a whole different kettle of fish.

Thanks Lurker

WW

Archived