What is everyones favourite rainbow fish

intern1

Tip with rainbows is to get them where they get morning sun, the males go mental and the colors are unbelievable.

Go to a ANGFA meeting your best bet or aquagreen.com as he has license to catch wild ones from northern territory.

• 1 month later...

i love the trifasciatas! in my opinion the best looking rainbowfish australia has to offer and a great competitor to match the notorious sexy new guinea bosemani haha. at the moment i keep black banded (nigrans), trifasciata bedjal and an unknown splendida. the trifasciata and bosemani are my favourites for sure but all of them are excellent fish, here's my collection.

20120914_143855.jpg

20120914_143903.jpg

• 1 month later...

I am fortunate enough to keep a few different varietys, M. Trifasciata "coen river", M. Trifasciata Goyder river, M. Trifasciata "cato river", M. Maccullochi "skull ck", M. Dubolayi "kangaroo ck" and M. pygmaea. I really love the big tri's, especially the cato river but my fav is the pygmaea, unlike some of the other rainbows these guys are always on show, doesn't matter if its in full morning sun or the middle of that day, always spectacular!!!

Here you go folks as requested, please note that while I am a fishkeeper, I am certainly not a photographer

zFXW1.jpg

K9zh8.jpg

These are the Cato rivers having words

P062V.jpg

Big coen male

TKOLQ.jpg

Goyder male coming into maturity, with some friends...

e4RPt.jpg

and the pygmy's in the small tank

kerrin those cato rivers are beautiful! i must have some... going to get 6 of them to put in my 6 foot!

Thats not even the half of it, I only wish I could do them justice with my photography. When they are displaying they get this neon blue mating strip down the forhead and they look amazing, I might try and get some mroe pics tonight around feeding time. I have only ever seen them for sale once, I'm sure I don't need to elaborate on what the result of that was!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

you have done very well for someone who certainly IS a photographer

Archived