Acei and Saulosi together

Kartoon

Hi All

Was in Neotropical aquariums in Chsterhill on the weekend and could not help my self. Saw some beautiful Acei and picked some up :D. My question is can i place the Acei in to my Saulosi tank? I have 5 Acei around the 6 cm mark and my Saulosi tank has 14 Saulosi around the same size. I have the Acei in my Praecox tank at the moment but i would like to move them to the bigger tank.

Cheers

G/Day Mate

What size is the tank you want to stock both fish in

By fish should get on well as the acei likes to be a open water swimmer and the Saulosi would like to defend a rock

Wouldnt house together in anything smaller than a 4ft

Regards

Craig

Hi Craig

Sorry forgot to mention the Saulosi are in a 4 ft tank. So you think they should be ok? The reason i ask is my saulosi have already claimed 2 cories (mistake to begin with i know) and 2 common bristle nose suckers. i would hate to lose these Beauties as well.

Cheers

Hi

I would empty the tank of all rock work and then add fish then put the rock work back in

This should break up all existing territory and you should be fine

Regards

Craig P

This.

My experience is Saulosi seem to be fine with lots of different fish if they grow up with them.

Add something to a tank of established Saulosi and look out, WW3 will more often than not break out.

Keep a close watch on what happens in there and be prepared to pull the Acei if necessary.

because they are msuli, they might get picked on because of their blue clouring. Good luck mate!

Archived