Help with canister filter

baili

Hello, am very new to the fish world. I had gold fish years ago, and now have a 4 foot tank, with cichlids I inherited.

I have some convicts, red jewls, and some bristlenose, a big catfish, red tailed sharks, and just a few more :)

My question is-

I was given a resun 806, but a friend has a brand new fluval 406 he is happy to give to me for a great price. Will the fluval do a better job????

Thanks in advance :)

The Fluval 406 is a good external filter. Designed for tanks in the 400l range it will turn over the water just over 3.5 times an hour or 1500 l/h. The Resun has a lower turn over rate at 1200 l/h and can be a bit temperamental with the hick release taps, but still quite capable filter.

I would prefer a Fluval over the Resun but in your sitution it depends on the cost from your friend.

if it helps i just purchased a fluval fx5 to replace my aqua one 1500l/p/h canister filter and the fluval is the best canister fiilter ive ever used....as ged says, if you get it at the right price, go for it

Thanks so much guys, I will take the fluval. I think its the right price, at $292-00, which is what he paid, and its still new in box, he got it delivered, and now has no need for it :)

Well, thanks again for your quick responses

Archived