Unknown Pleco

semurphy

Yep, I agree with Alex but another thing he is, he`s hungry, judging by the last pic, he has hollow belly, check out his stomache in the last pic.

Notice the reflection of the belly of the fish on the right, that one is fine.

HTH

No worries, I`ve found that freezing zucchini after boiling it makes it a real treat for them, and a good way to store lots of it too.

Being a hypancistrus sp. get some meaty foods into that guy before he/she starves. They like veggie matter when young but have a detonate preference towards the meaty stuff.

Yep i agree L333. He does look hungry. So YAL05T what kind of meaty foods do you suggest. I have used seafood helper in the past. Its available in the frozen seafood section in woolies. The stuff is red and white looks like lobster. What else could be used?

I use fresh uncooked prawns (I catch them myself but I am sure if you have a local seafood shop you could get a hold of them). I have also used tinned mussels and I also give mine cichlid pellets as a staple. I also offer veggie matter too.

Just to clarify so I don't look like I'm being cruel to my fish or anything, that photo was taken about 5 minutes after he was put into my tank. He/ She moved from a tank that was about 80-100L with nothing but a rock in it to a 700L tank with lots of rocks and regular feeding. In his old tank he didn't come up for food or go and find any so he was pretty much starving by the time I got him. He has increased in size by about 1-2cm since he moved into my tank and has no longer got the hollow belly :)

Archived