If you could only have one tank...

likadeefeesh

I would choose a species only tank of dwarf mbuna. Good colour, breed like rabits and got plenty of personality - interesting to watch.

Something like Pseudotropheus Salousi, which would provide both yellow and blue fish would be good.

x 2.dwarf mbuna. but i'd go for small groups 1M3F of 3 or 4 species of dwarf mbuna, nothing over 5 or 6 inches and nothing likely to crossbreed.

I have a 3ft tank in my special education classroom stocked predominantly with a variety of male Labidochromis, Hongi, electri yellows, Chismule, Pearlmuts and a white. I also have included Yellow Fin Mlotto, Salousi, Lombardoi a juvenile pair of White Saume Rivulatus, my only Americans in the tank and only one Tanganyikan a Lelelupi Longior, various bristle nose catfish and a whip tail are also in residence. In all there are 15 species. The tank is nick named Bikini Bottom as my classes obsession with Sponge Bob has resulted in ornaments including Sponge Bob, Mr Crabs, Squidward and a Patrick bubbler. A model cat skull is the domain of our stunning White Labidochromis who rules from its jaws. It has resulted in a very pretty tank, with a variety of colour and fish that are very responsive to the multiple people in their environment. Everyone that enters the room is drawn to it and terribly impressed.

Bikini Bottom

Thanks all! This has been a great help. Leaning now toward a nicely planted and well decorated shelly tank. Thinking tiered layers and maybe 2 species.... Also like the idea of brichardi.... Not solid on the stock yet. But I like the idea of a big bustling Shellie tank!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived