My Oscars

Fixem

biggrin.gif Go to love it! Ive been breeding oscars for a couple of years now so all the advice i have for you is feed them like kings, table spoon of salt every 2-3 weeks, and if the eggs fungus try and get some methylene blue from your chemist just helps to get higher hatch rate. The salt will aslo help with higher hatch rate. HTH and anythin else i can help with email me bellyonweed@hotmail.com Cheers Andy

My Oscar Pics

Article i wrote about breeding Oscars

What are the fry ratios normally like when you have an albino parent and a normal tiger parent. BTW killa fish i have a pretty cool albino his name is hector lol. Benno

Funny, I have a lot of fish, but the only ones we ever named are the oscars!

Such characters laugh.gif

Unfortunately these fish are in a community tank so I'm not holding up too much hope, although my Texas pair bred in the same tank and as soon as the fry became free swimming I siphoned them up and put them in a tank on there own and most survived.

Oh well, just wait and see.....

Oh and I have no idea on what the ratios will be when crossing albino with tiger, sorry first time for me blush.gif

wheres Hoya? and also wondering what other tankmates there are ?

Don't worry laugh.gif Hoya is in a tank with other mbuna and Oscar tank contains a Geophagus, Convict, Pleco, Red Tail Shark, Texas C, Jack Dempsey, Silver Dollars.

I have 12 tanks and like to keep like with like if you know what I mean, I wouldnt put Africans with S Americans Etc.

Oh and Oscar and the rest of his "friends" ate all the eggs after guarding them for two days! rolleyes.gif

Archived