air cell vs batts

Noddy65

I certainly do not claim to be an expert.

Check very carefully the R ratings. My understanding is that aircell products have a very good rating at keeping heat out in the summer, but not so good at keeping heat in during the winter.

Fibreglass batts have there own problem in that the rating drops over time, as the material shrinks away from perimeter members.

Steve

i had a back room added to a house once with a colour bond roof and i had some insulated panels added to the

inside maybe 50 mm thick like cool room panels it was interlocking so very neat and really helped the room in summer and winter

if you find some at a good price let me know im looking

b.t.w seeing your set up has really stired my fish bug

The r Rating of Aircell is 2.5. I live out near Richmond where it gets pretty hot at times lol . We were advised to insulate our roof to 3.5 or 4. The main problem you could have with aircell is the condensation. Metal rooves without an air space and/or a vapour proof barrier are susceptible. Insulco makes a product called Vapa Chek well some name close to that. Also roofing blankets nearly all come with a foil side tp prevent the condensation problem.

Archived