tanganyika biotope

Mbuna

Hi all, this is a project i have been working on for a while now, i got the tank - 6x2x2 off a mate, it wasnt in the best condition so i had to cut all the silecon out and re seal, paint the back black, then drill it and plumb it to a sump which i made from a 3x2x18" tank that fits snug underneath. It is run by a 4500lph pump through 40mm bulkheads.

At the moment it's housing a young colony of cyp. utinta, some julidochromis regani sambia and 4 black occies. will be adding some Cyathopharynx foai shortly.

DSCF1368.jpg

DSCF1373.jpg

cheers for looking

Harry

thanks guys, the rock is actually from a small beach nearby. i have always wanted to do an aquascape with it ever since i saw it but havnt had a chance till now. I like the fact that it is all uniform which makes it easier to form natural looking reefs.

This is basicly what i want to do for an upgrade from a 4ft

Cant wait to see those foais...that rockscape is awesome

cheers, the foai should go in on the weekend, only juves though so no colour yet. the cyps are starting to colour though! will post some more pics on the weekend. Your right mark, endless supply of rocks, sand, driftwood etc up here!

thanks

Harry

thanks, might have to move the big rock on the right and replace it with some smaller ones when the foai's start building pits to free up some floor space. Got ten Cya.furcifer'kabogo' today, they fill the tank out nicely. i tried to get some pics but they didnt turn out too flash so i'll give it another go in the next couple of days.

cheers

A few very average pics, but you get the idea. The furcifer have settled in well (thanks Grant!) 2 of the 6 julies have paired up so i will remove the rest...

DSCF1399.jpg

DSCF1403.jpg

a couple of black occies hanging out in the rockwork

DSCF1417.jpg

Archived