red worms

fishinf

hi guys i need help i have a 200lt drum for water fleas because the fish love them

anyway yesterday i dipped a bucket in and pull up thousands of feas but also

4 little red worms the worms are 1.5 cm long and rolled up in ball when i put the net near them

also noticed a barb on them near the head or tail and very thin like cichlid poo

any ideas what im breeding down there and how it happened

yes they do are they dangerous

...not to the fish who will love 'em but they could end up being hazardous to neighbourly relations if they start getting bitten by midges and mosquitoes and blame you for it.

Just make sure you feed the misge larvae out before they moult and don't have anything floating on the water surface to attract fresh egg laying.

yes they do are they dangerous

...not to the fish who will love 'em but they could end up being hazardous to neighbourly relations if they start getting bitten by midges and mosquitoes and blame you for it.

Just make sure you feed the misge larvae out before they moult and don't have anything floating on the water surface to attract fresh egg laying.

well ive made a flysceen lid so they will stop....... thanks for the fast replys

The midges are non biting ,they are fine. You will probably never see them, they typically stay away from the house. I feed my native fish midge larvae and mozzie larvae all the time and they go crazy for it.

Mozzies might not make you a popular neighbour but if you flyscreen the top then you will be missing out on a lot of free food.

Archived