Slate Rock - is it safe?

likadeefeesh

Hi all!

I'm looking for some slate for my tank but can't find it anywhere in Sydney!! Anyone know where I might find it?

Also, everything I've read sais it's aquarium safe....does anyone have any experience with it?

Looking forward to hearing from you guys and thanks for any help!

sorry cant help you with where to find it but yes i have used it before without any side effects. i think from memory shale isnt able to be used in tanks, possibly due to containing traces of oils or something similar.

hth Patrick

sorry cant help you with where to find it but yes i have used it before without any side effects. i think from memory shale isnt able to be used in tanks, possibly due to containing traces of oils or something similar.

hth Patrick

I've had purple shale in with my Tangs for about 2 months now and I haven't had any dramas? Is there anywhere to get any info on the downsides of it??

Hi all!

I'm looking for some slate for my tank but can't find it anywhere in Sydney!! Anyone know where I might find it?

Also, everything I've read sais it's aquarium safe....does anyone have any experience with it?

Looking forward to hearing from you guys and thanks for any help!

Do you mean find it or buy it. Plenty of tile shops have slate. You won't find it lying about

Roofing supply companies have it (This is the thinnest version. Also places like amber tiles have the thicker cuts. Just make sure that it has not been sealed.There is a 2nd hand roof tile recyler at 79 long st, smithfield. His number is 97563351. He usually has them as well. (about $3.00 each)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived