Newcastle aquariums

johns

Coni & myself decided to take the new toy for a spin and left at 815am and made our way north to:

1st - Crossroads Aquarium nice shop but it was a bit of a disappointment with a few basic cichlids but prices like 3cm yellows $20, was a bit much we thought, then went up the road to

2nd -Pet Quarters @ Glendale nice open shop with a few cichlid tanks and people very nice, prices here were much better for shoppers, and even saw 4 x Longiamanus which I haven't seen in a while, even met up with Micko & Rowie here,then off to

3rd - Hunter Pets @ Thornton, a bit cluttered and fish section is tucked away in back corner but a good range of cichlids and friendly staff, ended up buying 10 x Oto. Sp Silver Torpedoes which were on hold for me, then off to

4th - Tank Aquariums to visit Paul @ Belmont nice shop has a few cichlid tanks and doing a bit of work in the shop again good prices for shoppers and saw his new LED lighting good but a bit dear for us cichlid heads @ $1200 great for 1 display tank or marine though,

then off back home all in all was a busy day getting back home @ 530pm thank god for SATNAV would have got lost for sure otherwise

PS. New toy is a VE series 2 SSV Sportswagon :thumbup:

Hi John & Coni

Glad to hear you got some torpedos. I had a pair myself a while back. I started a thread on another forum with the photos of mine back in 2008.

http://www.cichlidforums.com/showthread.php?t=39330&highlight=silver+torpedo

I also ordered a copy of CichlidNews magazine from the US that has Ad Konings article about 'Harmless Torpedos' that I will bring to the next meeting for you.

Regards, Rob

Hi John & Coni

Glad to hear you got some torpedos. I had a pair myself a while back. I started a thread on another forum with the photos of mine back in 2008.

http://www.cichlidfo...=silver+torpedo

I also ordered a copy of CichlidNews magazine from the US that has Ad Konings article about 'Harmless Torpedos' that I will bring to the next meeting for you.

Regards, Rob

Hi Rob

Thanks for the link and will look forward to reading the magazine did you ever get any fry from the pair??

Cheers John

Hi John

Unfortunately I lost the female but I reckon they would do best breeding with a tank of their own as the ones I had were quite timid fish. The male was really interesting to watch colour up - interesting patterns on its side and colouring, the torpedos are unlike any other cichlid.

Regards, Rob

Coni & myself decided to take the new toy for a spin and left at 815am and made our way north to:

1st - Crossroads Aquarium nice shop but it was a bit of a disappointment with a few basic cichlids but prices like 3cm yellows $20, was a bit much we thought, then went up the road to

oh John, you were so close to `All About Fish' at Warners Bay. Doh.

next time you are up this way make sure you check it out, they have a good cichlid and Marine section.

hey mate glad u liked the shop and seen something u havent for a while... i have only just started there and only have limited hours (12 a week due to my injury) but am making changes and altho we have limited space i am sure next time u come up u will be impressed....ps got home to find 81 leliupi fry and 3 bemba holding and stripped a fronnie for an impressive 76 eggs 71 of have since sprouted eyes and tails :) cheers micko

Archived