what to put at top of weir?

joller

hey guys im having trouble finding something to put at the top of my weir, i was gonna silicone some gutter guard at the top but i'd prefer something a bit finer if i can find it

cheers, joel.

gutter guard is probably the best bet. just remember the fine you go the easier it will clog and more maintenance it will require. i think aquasonic also sell a product called weir comb or something similar. whatever you decide to put in just make sure it is removable so it can be cleaned. hth

I use a bio ball with the top and bottom 'spikes' (?) removed. It just sits over the standpipe and water will still drain through. Whatever you use make sure you clean regularly as food scraps and waste can clog pretty easily.

Edit - Just re-read your original post and saw that it was for a weir... :wallbash:

Joel

i was thinking on getting some aluminium fly screen from bunnings, thought that would be good because it will also save small fry

You can buy plastic fly screen from bunnings and it works well but like pjmowens said it clogs easy and can make the tank water raise and maybe overflow if you dont clean regularly! I think gutter guard is the best option but small fry will definately get through it.

Cheers,

Damo

Archived