Breeding caves for tangs

gingerbeer

After ideas on what sorts of caves the various tanganyikans like. For my apistos I made enclosed pots that worked well with the hole on top. Thinking something similar, but maybe low and flat (2 saucers) for julies, calvus need long vertical holes big enough for the female, what about you lamprologines.....

Any pictures of what you did and worked well would be appreciated.

Steve

After ideas on what sorts of caves the various tanganyikans like. For my apistos I made enclosed pots that worked well with the hole on top. Thinking something similar, but maybe low and flat (2 saucers) for julies, calvus need long vertical holes big enough for the female, what about you lamprologines.....

Any pictures of what you did and worked well would be appreciated.

Steve

Hi Steve,

Contact Zigzag on this forum, he makes the caves and I can say that all of may tangs, africans, americans and bristlenose have taken to and constantly breed in these caves. They come in all different shapes and sizes and are hand made especially by Lionel (zigzag fish). He also makes a range of different logs and caves and breeding rocks for all types of fish, bristlenose and L numbers. If you can't locate him pm me and I will give you his contact number.

Cheers John & Coni

President & Treasurer

NSWCS

• 2 weeks later...

Current plan is to do the same as I did for Apistos - glue terracotta pot upsidedown on saucer can cut a hole in the side.

Just got to decide what size hole.

Hope to do this to make it easy to remove fry - and I like making them.

Archived