couriers for live fish

joller

Fastways do it, my local is useless though

Yes Fastways do it after a couple of hiccups in the beginning, I then complained to the regional manager and since then not 1 drama with them.

Same here, Fastways is only as good as your local franchisee, and I had a couple of bad experiences with mine. The bloke didn't turn up at all one time to pick up fish, and when I called their head office to chase up the pickup, he tried to say he came and there was nobody here. I had to unpack the fish and rebag them the next day, and then when he did turn up, he tried to tell me they didn't take live fish. I ship fish to a shop in Northern NSW, and they have recently switched from Fastway to Couriers Please, so we'll see how they go. In fact I'm waiting for a pickup as I write this.

I use Virgin Freight (now owned by Toll Express) to ship interstate airport to airport and I've never had a problem with them over many years, but I do make sure I only use direct flights. I believe you do need to have a freight account with them though.

Cheers, Doug

Same here, Fastways is only as good as your local franchisee, and I had a couple of bad experiences with mine. The bloke didn't turn up at all one time to pick up fish, and when I called their head office to chase up the pickup, he tried to say he came and there was nobody here. I had to unpack the fish and rebag them the next day, and then when he did turn up, he tried to tell me they didn't take live fish. I ship fish to a shop in Northern NSW, and they have recently switched from Fastway to Couriers Please, so we'll see how they go. In fact I'm waiting for a pickup as I write this.

I use Virgin Freight (now owned by Toll Express) to ship interstate airport to airport and I've never had a problem with them over many years, but I do make sure I only use direct flights. I believe you do need to have a freight account with them though.

Cheers, Doug

Many people I've talked to have had their issues with Fastways - some are good but some are quite bad. Depends on the person in your area.

Toll does require a freight account and you need an ABN to obtain it.

Cheers,

John

Cheers, Doug

Well, so much for Couriers Please, didn't turn up to pick fish up as agreed between 7:30 and 10:00am today, and when contacted could not give a reason why pickup was missed. I'm a night worker and had to get up at 6:00 am with very little sleep to catch, bag and pack the fish, and then sit around until 10:00am waiting for the pickup which didn't happen. And now I have to do it again tomorrow. NOT HAPPY JAN!

From my experiences, I wouldn't recommend using either Fastway or Couriers Please.

Cheers, Doug

Well, so much for Couriers Please, didn't turn up to pick fish up as agreed between 7:30 and 10:00am today, and when contacted could not give a reason why pickup was missed. I'm a night worker and had to get up at 6:00 am with very little sleep to catch, bag and pack the fish, and then sit around until 10:00am waiting for the pickup which didn't happen. And now I have to do it again tomorrow. NOT HAPPY JAN!

From my experiences, I wouldn't recommend using either Fastway or Couriers Please.

Cheers, Doug

I have had Couriers Please used by my suppliers for deliveries to my business and have had them take up to a week to deliver an overnight express package :confused: ..when I call their office and ask where it is they just say the driver has until 5pm to deliver ..when the driver finally turns up (usually after I have sourced the parts from elsewhere and finished the job by days) he just does not care at all and says things like "well I have plenty of other customers" :B

I now specifically ask which courier they will use and if it is Couriers Please ..I organise my own to pick up..sorry would not use them if they were the last courier around..from my bad experiences.

Kevin

I bought some fish from cichlidsdirect and they use fastways to ship. On the day the package was meant to be delivered I waited until about 3.30 when I decided to call them and I couldn't believe how they responded.

They told me quite casually that my package had been sent to Sydney rather tank Central Coast (Their mistake) and my package "should" be delivered the next day, I advised them that there were tropical live fish in the parcel and she responded by saying "Don't worry they will be kept in a cool place". I then proceeded to ask for head office numbers to complain and was told the computer systems were down so they couldn't answer the phones.

All in all they were quite nonchalant about the whole thing and out of the 5 people I spoke to at fastways none seemed to care.

Cichlidsdirect was in no way at fault and the owner called me for updates about 3 times a day while this was happening, it's sad when good companies get bad names because of factors they can't control.

'pay peanut you get monkey'

use AAE and you laugh all the way...never once gone missing or late!

oopsy...i forgot, one drama the last time shipped to Queensland North (flooded everywhere). Not their fault but.

'pay peanut you get monkey'

use AAE and you laugh all the way...never once gone missing or late!

oopsy...i forgot, one drama the last time shipped to Queensland North (flooded everywhere). Not their fault but.

you have been very lucky with AaE.

i, along with a few other guys could tell horror stories of fish being left off the scheduled flight because "the freight limit had been reached". fish left in cold storage sheds overnight, because the day shift didn't tell the next guy the fish were there, fish left on the plane and end up at the next destination.

i live an hour from the airport and waiting around for the next flight causes me angst.

in the good old days of Virgin freight, never a problem. on time all the time.

i have forgone many purchases from interstate because i will not risk the health of fish or the loss of my money because most staff at these places just dont give rats ar#%^ these days. :angry::confused:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived