kribensis male

Adam_J

hey good people , some thoughts would be good , im begining to think removing the male once the fry have hatched is a good idea , as i lost another male yesterday due to shreded fins , the first lay is fine ,but the second time around the male cops a beating?

hey good people , some thoughts would be good , im begining to think removing the male once the fry have hatched is a good idea , as i lost another male yesterday due to shreded fins , the first lay is fine ,but the second time around the male cops a beating?

Depends alittle on tank size and layout.I breed their relatives taeniatus in 3 ft heavily planted tanks and have had domestic disputes but no fatalities.It may also depend on the individual females,Ive had some mad bitches in other West African cichlids esp N.transvestitus.If shes in this category(and in a large tank with plenty of hidey holes) it may be better to take her partner out out

Depends alittle on tank size and layout.I breed their relatives taeniatus in 3 ft heavily planted tanks and have had domestic disputes but no fatalities.It may also depend on the individual females,Ive had some mad bitches in other West African cichlids esp N.transvestitus.If shes in this category(and in a large tank with plenty of hidey holes) it may be better to take her partner out out

thanks ,

yeah i'm sort of leaning towards removing the next male when she lays again , she's always been a very cranky female..

the last male got destroyed in a 4ft tank , they are by themselves , other than the fry.

so now i have 130, 1 inch kribensis i'm waiting to grow and try and move on , and about another 200 fry just hatched... hope there is a boom on kribs lol

Archived