Calvus Fry Questions

cooder

Hi guys,

I have had my first batch of Black calvus fry on monday. I currently have them in a fry saver in the main tank, but want to get it out as it is my display tank.

Ive been told that i shouldnt because it will stress them out at such a young age, but i would like some more opinions, because i dont want the fry saver in the tank for 3 months until they are big enough. the tank i want to move them into is just a 25 litre. the filter was seeded but i turned it off for a long time, there was still water in the filter, so ive sort of mini cycled it again and added lots of bacteria too it. do you think it will be allright?

I am currently feeding crushed up fine NLS cichlid formula twice a day and live baby brine shrimp once a day. Have noticed some deaths, probably from the water quality, so im keen to get them into a small tank so i can do water changes every 3 days.

The water paremeters are currently:

Nitrates: 20, highest ive tested it at and will do a water change immediatly.

PH: about 8.8, hard to get an exact reading with dip testers

KH: 240

GH:120

Thanks,

Answers appreciated, Cooder

I always remove my fry and put them in their own tank. Your gonna lose fry either way. But if they are in their own tank you can set the tank up and climitise it for them. I have had fish also get through the fry net in the display to.

Archived