any shrimp keepers/breeders here?

Kangus

thats all good. We started out with a few cherries and it sort of grew from there! They become addictive :)

do you have any odd-ball cherry shrimp? i would like to get some unusual coloured ones for a breeding project

Just cherries for me to date but thats about to change soon. I also kept them in with my BN when I was breeding them, were great fun to watch but soon had far too many.

Setting up a native tank and going to include the Caridina sp NTnilotica (Darwin algae shrimp) and the Darwin red nose shrimp. I dont expect them to go nuts breeding like cherries do but would be good to have some increase over time.

• 2 months later...

Do BNs eat baby shrimp?? I have herd they get them at night when its dark.

No have kept cherries with most my Bn colonies and they havent touched them that i can tell, have also developed a shrimp food which i am selling as a community food 40% protein.

Cheers John

• 11 months later...

australia has some pretty sexy shrimp guys, google chamelon shrimp very beautiful they look like cherry's. i keep my c shrimp with bristlenose and guppies in a 4x2 so far all good but i may have wiped out half of the colony when i removed my gravel haha. they will multiply back in no time

Archived