Breed size for green terrors

fishie4me

heyz mark,

any adviceopn how to get them to breed, i got 2 pairs bigger than those they are roughly 4- 4.5" male and female is roughly 3.5". is there any specific thing that will encourage them to breed?

cheers,

HIeu, Cabramatta

G'day,

Our terrors started breeding at about the 10 cm mark in a six foot display tank filled with every predator under the sun.

They have now had over 20 spawns of which I keep only a fraction around 100 fry to grow. Space is the problem and overcrowding results in stunting the fry.

These fish are monogamous (do we use that term for fish?) and will require only one mate. The male will attack and MAY kill any other female in the tank when in spawning trim.

Are you sure you have a pair?

I will assume your water parameters are correct although mine have spawned in higher PH conditions before.

Frequent water changes may trigger them.

A flat piece of slate or rock will assist.

Live food will also help things along.

If you have tried all this already they may just not like each other and some competition is what may be needed.

Good Luck

Cheers

Aline

Didnt really try to do anything Fishaddiction, as they are in a selling tank..

Laid their eggs on the back of a rock in the corner, to be honest i didnt think they were big enough to breed but then.. exception to the rule maybe :):

I've seen a pair breed at 5cm, (also in a shoptank), but the fry were eaten by other smaller GT's. So i guess separating them could be a good idea. I recon do daily water changes, about 10%, using rain water could trigger them breeding.

Anthony :p

Archived