paracypchromis nigrippinis

GlennC

Hi all

Just quick question about paracypchromis nigrippinis.

In my smallish tank, I have two males and one female (I also have two fry about 4cm and five about 3cm that I am growing out) The three adults are all fully grown. The males look spectacular, but fight quite a lot. Because I want to reduce my fish numbers, I was wondering if I sell one of the males will the remaining male still show all his colouration and behavous or will he feel that he no longer has to compete?

Cheers

Glenn

If you keep your domminant male he should still show colors. He will still have to impress the female no matter what

Thanks for the reply Jrod.

OK, sounds right. I had heard that will some fish (not necessarily Nigripinnis) that the male really shows off and colours up only when there is competition present.

Now, another problem is that both male fish appear to be dominant. However, when I measured them last there appeared to be one centimetre difference in length between the two, though to look at them in the tank they look about the same length. So, I'll probably just sell the smaller one.

Thanks for the reply Jrod.

OK, sounds right. I had heard that will some fish (not necessarily Nigripinnis) that the male really shows off and colours up only when there is competition present.

Now, another problem is that both male fish appear to be dominant. However, when I measured them last there appeared to be one centimetre difference in length between the two, though to look at them in the tank they look about the same length. So, I'll probably just sell the smaller one.

hi i have two males three females in a 4x1x1 they dont seem to fite one holds one side of rok the other the other side of rok it is best to keep to males then there is always compertion going on for the girls ,if one wont breed then the other will ,normaly the sub male will do most breeding because the domint one to busy show in of

Archived