Help please...

Willo

Hi All,

I am running a 6x2x2 setup with a weir and 7500lhr sump pump. It has been running for a few months no issues.

Today, I noticed the sump was getting low on water and the pump was gurgling so added a bucket of water. Little did I realise, but the tank was in fact full and the bucket i added just overflowed from the tank :(

It appears that the flow from the weir to the sump is really slow for some reason. I removed the durso, and flow is still really restricted. I can't easily remove the hose from the bulk head to the sump, but from what i can tell it looks fine.

I'm contemplating removing the 40mm bulkhead and inspecting the hose but this could get messy.

Am I missing something?

How long can i run the pump for whilst it is gurgling (partially submerged)?

Thanks in advance,

Tony

Edit: Ps, I know people will say the 7500 pump is too much, but i can't figure out why it has been fine up until today. I know that the weir is the limitation as this is where all the water is backing up. Can mathematicians out there tell me the 40mm bulkhead definitely can't handle the flow?

How big is the sump? Total volume of water?

Well, after much panicking I have thankfully found the issue. Sadly, my green terror committed suicide, went through the durso and got stuck in the bullhead.

The only good thing is I was contemplating getting rid of him as he was a bit of a runt. Sad it happened this way though. I'd rather given to fish shop.

I have mesh preventing access from tank to weir but obviously not sufficient. I'll now be looking for a new GT.

Well, after much panicking I have thankfully found the issue. Sadly, my green terror committed suicide, went through the durso and got stuck in the bullhead.

The only good thing is I was contemplating getting rid of him as he was a bit of a runt. Sad it happened this way though. I'd rather given to fish shop.

I have mesh preventing access from tank to weir but obviously not sufficient. I'll now be looking for a new GT.

when i read your first post , i laughed and thought about a stuck fish in the pipe , after reading your last post i now feel bad about laughing

Archived