bristlenose odd behaviour and sailfin problem

Priscacara

G'day, I have a small colony of albino longfins that have been breeding in a terracotta "cave" consistantly since November. The last spawn a few days ago for some reason they decided to spawn outside, the male then moved the egg pile around the tank. I thought at first one of the females hadnt gotten into the cave because of the other one spawning but the male had certainly fertilised the eggs that were outside, I have a couple of little yellow yolk sacs with tails stuck to the glass around the tank sides. Wondering if anyone else has had this happen.

On not such a good note, I have a gold spot plec in my angel community tank that has almost all his fins split. They arent ragged tears so I guess not from attacks by my angels or kribs (my first guess). I have a smaller male bn in the tank along with 2 female peppermints, the male is a bit agressive at times so is it possible the sailfins damage was caused by the bn? I dont know how long the fins have been split as the plec only really comes out at night time, was just a lucky sighting last night when I saw it. Unfortunately I cant get a pic of them at the moment.

Archived