Ochrogenys Ndole

shon982

Hey

New to this forum

I'm Shon, 18yrs old this year

Been keeping Tanganyikans for 2 years now

Started with Tropheus Bembas and from breeding them I've managed to get some other Tanganyikans

My current favourites are the Ochrogenys

I've got 3 males and 4 females - a female has held twice so far but no fry

See my signature for what I have at the moment

I'm looking for Gold Occies, Flavipinnis, Kilesa, Sumbu Comps :)

Taken with a Canon 500D DSLR

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Thanks guys :)

I've kept so many different Tangs in the last 2 years, just trying to find what I like...

Including:

Cyprichromis Leptosoma Mamelsa

Neolamprologus Brichardi

Alto. Calvus

Alto. Comps Fire Fin

Multis

Julidochromis sp.

Simochromis Diagramma

Eretmodus Cyanostictus Kapampa

Tropheus Ikola

O. Ventralis Chaitika

L. Kendalli

X. Spilopterus

Leleupi

L. Ornatipinnis

Ended up being Sand sifters, Featherfins and Cyprichromis species as my favourites

But I have a soft spot for Tropheus

Hey Shon,

Welcome to the forums and youve got awesome fish. Im also looking for some gold occies and Cyps. Shellies would have to be by far my favourites. Oh and BTW, im 13!

LOL have a good time on the forums!

Cheers,

Cody

EDIT: Grant parkes hey? have you got a contact number for him? does he ship interstate? ( or at all)

Hey shon,

You said you are keeping or kept Trigs. What is your opinons about them because im thinking of getting some for my 4 ft community tank.

Ive got N.Leleupi, N.Brichardi, J.Ornatus and hopefully some cyps soon. Would i be able to keep some of these with my fish? And how many could i keep?

Cody

Hey cody

Yeah I have a pair of Trigs in a 3ft and they go crazy when they see a fish in the neighbouring tank! That's my experience anyway

So I'd say, no for a community tank unless the fish are bigger than them, having said that. They might just be flaring up and not attacking, I haven't put them with other fish.

Hey Shon,

Welcome to the forums and youve got awesome fish. Im also looking for some gold occies and Cyps. Shellies would have to be by far my favourites. Oh and BTW, im 13!

LOL have a good time on the forums!

Cheers,

Cody

EDIT: Grant parkes hey? have you got a contact number for him? does he ship interstate? ( or at all)

Look under parkesq in classifieds...he has been selling fish lately...his phone number is listed. He has awesome fish.

Hey cody

Yeah I have a pair of Trigs in a 3ft and they go crazy when they see a fish in the neighbouring tank! That's my experience anyway

So I'd say, no for a community tank unless the fish are bigger than them, having said that. They might just be flaring up and not attacking, I haven't put them with other fish.

Hey shon, how many tanks have you got? What size tank do you keep the ochrogenys in and do they have any tankmates? Thanks.

Shirley

Hey

I have 8 tanks at the moment but 10 is my limit by my parents haha

The ochrogenys are in a 4x2.5x2

Same footprint as a 5x2x2

With 7 furcifer ruziba still growing

I am yet to add some cyprichromis microlepidotus too though :)

Awesome pics...thanks for sharing.

hi shon

nice selection of tanganyikans. any pics of the ruziba or are they still small. absolute crackers when they show their colour.

the chimbas are one of my favourites as well, well done. is there much agression with them?

cheers

Hey thanks for the comment :)

Nah the ruziba are still small, I got 10 but lost 3 so far same with the ventralis zongwe. But I have a feeling that I have 2 males and 5 females in both colonies...

Any tips with sexing at a small size? I noticed that two of them have a more distinct long head shape and others (I think females) have a rounded head

No aggression at all with the chimbas :) 3 males and 5 females I think, I got them at adult size for $200!

Anyone know where to get: flavipinnis, melanogenys, sumbu Comps, melagris?

Archived