oreochromis tanganyikae

efc01

I saw some of these for sale on the net. Is anyone keeping them?

I know of some people with them they grow to about 40cm and are a stunning fish has markings like a texas with a bit of red in the top half of the body the males get a iridescent red tail when in breeding dress and can be very hard on other males when breeding. Females have a fairly good spawn around 50-80 eggs.

I have heard that they are on the grey list

cheers John

I saw some of these for sale on the net. Is anyone keeping them?

I know of some people with them they grow to about 40cm and are a stunning fish has markings like a texas with a bit of red in the top half of the body the males get a iridescent red tail when in breeding dress and can be very hard on other males when breeding. Females have a fairly good spawn around 50-80 eggs.

I have heard that they are on the grey list

cheers John

They are actually listed as noxious.

And I wouldn't be discussing keeping or having seen them too much, from what I have heard the noxious fish police patrol some forums and some of us have locations on our profile....... They take this seriously, especially QLD.

But I am paranoid.

your looking at up to a 20,000 dollar fine for keeping these. while i doubt they would use the full force of the law on an individual, ask yourself if its worth it. when they were made noxious you were allowed to regiseter for a special permit to continue keeping them. that window has unfortunately now closed. it seems like the people on here are somewhat unaware whats going on with the national noxious list?>

Archived