anybody have a good idea how to keep these 1000 fry alive

sicklidrus

hi all,

i have a beautiful breeding pair 500 -1000 eggs everytime, i manage to keep about 100 to survive anybody have any other techniques which has a better result, like a good fry safer which can keep the water clean or a system which is better, i would like to hear from you, i culture white worms and bbs as well.

thanks gus

Why do you want to grow out 1,000 fry? You will just flood whatever market there is for whatever you're breeding, or you will just get stuck with a lot of hungry juveniles nobody wants. When I bred americans many years ago, I used to siphon out 50-100 fry to grow out and leave the others with the parents for nature to take its course. Added benefit was enhancement of the pair bond with the parents.

Cheers, Doug

Why do you want to grow out 1,000 fry? You will just flood whatever market there is for whatever you're breeding, or you will just get stuck with a lot of hungry juveniles nobody wants. When I bred americans many years ago, I used to siphon out 50-100 fry to grow out and leave the others with the parents for nature to take its course. Added benefit was enhancement of the pair bond with the parents.

Cheers, Doug

thanks daug,

i have tried taking about half of the severums and keeping the oteher half with the parents, what i noticed that the pair are always at each other atleast the male is then what happens he chasing her around the tank and the small fry are then not to be seen, i know the male is a bit aggressve, doug, any comments

Archived