"warning, not safe for drinking"

tangka

Hi guys

Tonight i was watering the garden and decided to use a different water tap to fill up my 220L water ageing barrel. I filled up half a barrel before i realised that above this particular tap is had the warning of " not for drinking" . This must be the recycled water tap.

I want to know whether this water will be dangerous for my fish even after prime,buffer,salts and the ageing of the water? Or should i instead empty the barrel and fill it from the normal tap i use just to be on the safe side?

Any info appreciated.

cheers

Dan

Hi guys

Tonight i was watering the garden and decided to use a different water tap to fill up my 220L water ageing barrel. I filled up half a barrel before i realised that above this particular tap is had the warning of " not for drinking" . This must be the recycled water tap.

I want to know whether this water will be dangerous for my fish even after prime,buffer,salts and the ageing of the water? Or should i instead empty the barrel and fill it from the normal tap i use just to be on the safe side?

Any info appreciated.

cheers

Dan

do you have a watertank?

if you do could possibly be connected to the watertank, my rainwater tap has a sign "not for drinking", had no problems, if you have a filter connected to the water tank just fill it up and pour it into the tank

I used tank water az couple of times and my fish got white spot.

So if you use it you have to (In my opinion) chlorinate it and then dechlorinate it and condition it.

Lots of work.

You can start at the dechlorinate stage with town water.

Dan your area does have recycled water.

I think most hobbyists water is better than tap water.

So if its not safe for drinking its no where near good enough for fish.

I don't drink water but would prefer fish tank water to tap water.

At least we know what's in the fish's water LOL. :thumbup:

Cheers Couchy

Archived