Electric yellows and electric blues

Joeybanno

Hi,

I am new to the beautiful world of cichlids and I was wondering if Electric Yellows and Electric Blues can interbreed?

Cheers,

Joey

Strictly speaking they probably 'can' if you have one male and one female of each and let them get all 'toey'.

But it's probably not likley if you have 1m to 3 F electric blues and a colony of yellows.

I agree that they are unlikely too as well. What you may find is that the Yellows may not breed very well or Often as they could be intimated a little by the blues. I have kept yellows with Msobo and Afras and maingano and Afra's (I have never kept msobo and maingano together)and they were always out breed.by the afras and maingano. I have not have a lot of success with Msobo but they were around even.

cheers

rosco

So if blues and yellows do have a bit of interspecies erotica happening do they produce Electric Greens?

:-)

Put me down for a few if that happens :)

Meanwhile I think my red top zebra is carrying a mouthfull fatherd by either a maingano or interuptus. They are all Mbuna right so is it possible?

There are other redtops males in the tank so what do you guys think? How soon will I be able to tell?

So if blues and yellows do have a bit of interspecies erotica happening do they produce Electric Greens?

Meanwhile I think my red top zebra is carrying a mouthfull fatherd by either a maingano or interuptus. They are all Mbuna right so is it possible?

There are other redtops males in the tank so what do you guys think? How soon will I be able to tell?

Yes it is possible. It depends on the dominance in the particular tank and the number of females for each male in your colony. As they say, "Your mileage may vary" so each situation is different. You really need to see whichl males are displaying to the females.

Yes it is possible. It depends on the dominance in the particular tank and the number of females for each male in your colony. As they say, "Your mileage may vary" so each situation is different. You really need to see whichl males are displaying to the females.

Yeah my Maingano is definiently king for the tank but when ever the interuptus gets chance he will colour and flare up. I'm leaning towards the interuptus a little more as their females are more closely coloures to a red zebra then a female maingano. Neither the interuptus or the maingano have any females of their own kind in the tank so I think they just took what they had. I suppose I'll find out soon enough.. Thanks

Archived