pond water/green water

boydie

hey all, i have a pond with some guppies in it and they are breeding well(feeder fish).

the water is nice and green,would this water be ok to feed to aussie rainbows,as a paramecium culture?

cheers boydie

Yes as long as there are no dragon fly nymphs. They can quickly decimate your numbers of fry.

hey all, i have a pond with some guppies in it and they are breeding well(feeder fish).

the water is nice and green,would this water be ok to feed to aussie rainbows,as a paramecium culture?

cheers boydie

Yes as long as there are no dragon fly nymphs. They can quickly decimate your numbers of fry.

i didnt think of that,would they be free swimming

Marty you pop up everywhere

Green water from a pond is great for rainbows esp the very small Glossolepis(run it though a fine net eg Brine shrimp net to get out bigger nasties like the nymphs which are bad news as Pilly mentioned)

A good combination for what Im sending you (M boesmani and M sexlineata) would be green water+liquifry+micropowder one used each feeding,a big lump of java moss and a mature sponge filter would be a good additional source of microfood.These 2 species only need small food for 3-4 days then will eat microworms and even BBS

Archived