White Calvus Breeding

pola

Hi

My White Calvus just laid eggs, Female is now looking after the eggs in the cave, and male guarding outside the cave.

What should be the procedure from here? Should eggs be removed from the cave into fry saver? If so, when?

Help please.

Pola

I've had plenty of experience with Altos,unless you have other fish in the same tank (apart from the breeding pair) that may eat your fry,i'd leave them alone.The other choice you have is to put them in a fry saver like you mentioned.The problem with removing the fry,is that the parent fish will fight and may split up the pair.Sure others have different opinions and experiences.Also i found the best food for the fry is freshly hatched brine shrimp.

Hi, they will hatch in 4-5 days, i always take the fry out and grow them in the fry saver, feed them with micro worm in the first week than baby brine shrimp after. successful rate alot higher, hope it helped.

Cheer Phong

i pull mine out after 6-8days by then the frys are good and will be strong and can be put into a fry tank

my pairs breed ever 21 days ..

i breed them 3 times then rest them for a few mths

i feed my little guys micro worms and bbs(on the go 24/7) and watch how fast thay grow

that my 2 cents worth

Archived