What Do You Think They Are ?

superbad0417

These were traded for some stuff i had as a certain breed and sex but after much research im not exactly sure they are what i was told, so i wanna know what you think they are and what sex ??

I know this is a definite male but not so sure about the smaller one.

11cm +

IPB Image

Underbelly shot of the large male

IPB Image

7 cm + ??

IPB Image

Hi Fellow Five Dockian lol

there definitely orange spots the female is a lil small for breeding had mine breed the first time for me last month but the male kicked out the eggs, around once the female is 8-9cm female they will start to breed.

What else do you have in the tank, Mine were in a grow out with some Africans i moved them away and they were alot happier afterwords. keep them separated and make sure were the cave is place wood ontop so there is a shadow at least 5cm before the entrance of the cave.

cheers

john

imo its a young male !

females get bristles mainly when there much larger

females body shape are wider

when you take new photo take a side shot of the head just to see if bristles go up the head or not !

no worries guys ill get the photos up tonight, cheers for the info intern i have them in a 3.5 ft growout tank with about 40 orange head geo's. should i get a piece of driftwood and place it over the top of the cave ?

what caves did you use for your orange spots ?

atm im using a slate cave i got from a guy on the old pleco fanatics....

any other tips ??

what would they be worth ??

i find them in regards to breeding finiky like peps because they are very similar to them in regards to species wise. I gave them coverage such as driftwood because of the fact of there behavior which made them feel alot more at home. I used your standard log that you can get from Sloany on the forums here. I have noticed with breading bristlenose the tighter the cave the better. Have the cave be the size the the male will just fit in you dont want gaps that if the female does get in it can get out. thats the problem with the slate caves although some L breeders swear by them. They dont breed the same size as other ancestrus i.e bristlnose common longfins albinos ect like i said closer related to peps so give them time and they will be ok.

ok guys thanks for the help it looks like i have 2 males, 1 at 11cm and 1 at about 7.5 cm.

can anyone give me a rough idea of what each one would be worth or let me know where to get a couple of females.

cheers and thanks again

Archived