Acarichthys heckelii

Priscacara

I have 2 A. heckelii in my SA 4x2x2 that are growing up nicely and I managed to get a couple of pics of the bigger one showing some color. Not sure if its a male , the second one is a fair bit smaller now and less color to the fins ( no pic unfortunately). The one in the pic is around 12/13cm total length now.

IPB Image

IPB Image

There weres no aquarium lights on, the light was sunlight from the left and showed up the colors well as my aquarium lighting is 2 x aquaone t8 "sunlight" tubes and they dont really do justice to the colors.

nice fish mate - i love the long red trailers they get... out of curiosity has any one seen the photo of this fish in Heiko Bleher's South American Cichlids poster? its bright blue - like a mikrogeophagus ram... is there a reason why the ones in Oz are not that brightly coloured????

I think it depends on lighting predominantly. My adults had some awesome colors and I was using PowerGlo and another pink tube to compliment the reds.

I have soo many other photos that highlight different colors on different occasions. but one thing is constant..... that they are a beautiful fish and one of my favs!

IPB Image

• 2 months later...

Archived