Fun Job of Emptying the Tank

IPB Image

Getting the Base and Crushed Coral in

IPB Image

Rocks and Plants in

IPB Image

Fish Back in now just waiting for water to clear up

Guest Polarrr-

I know that Rift Lake fish are hardy but they should be kept in hard alkaline water and your synspilum in neutral water with low GH.

The acei you have are great quality! :thumbup:

My Synspilum has grown up in these conditions its whole life atleast 4years it learnt to harden the ... up

Guest Polarrr-

Was just thinking like some Black Card to cover the back of the tank to blacken it

the latex backgrounds are a pain to keep tight against the back to stop them swimming/living behind it lol

yeah good idea on the background.....but you need to get a background now...it sort of looks unfinished with one....

latex backgrounds are a pain to keep tight against the back to stop them swimming/living behind it lol

Exact reason why I got rid of mine. In my busy mbuna tank I found fish that were getting bullied would live behind there. Not matter how hard you try to seal it up fish always manage to bury their way back there. :clap

Guest Polarrr-

latex backgrounds are a pain to keep tight against the back to stop them swimming/living behind it lol

Exact reason why I got rid of mine. In my busy mbuna tank I found fish that were getting bullied would live behind there. Not matter how hard you try to seal it up fish always manage to bury their way back there. :clap

haha yeah they will even dig out the gravel to get under short of chewing thru the latex itself

• 2 weeks later...

nice tank setup mate, love to boulders and the way its all tied together.

love the old background but, im with the other guys on saying i think it should be in there it looks a bit unfinnished.

anyways could you tell me where you got it from and what they are worth, im setting up my 1st tanks and looking for a 3d background that wont take too much room and that wont cost me an arm and a leg!

cheers :lol1:

Archived