Breeding electric yellows. Breeding Electric blues.

ANDY K219

hello!

Got myself a male electric blue and 2 female electric blues, i have put them in the same tank as my Electric Yellows (1 Male and 5 Female). The 2 males are constantly fighting, do you think its possible my blues or Yellows to breed?. Or should they be seperated? Thank u

what size tank?

do they have adequate hides?

also, did you mix up the decore when adding the new fish? If not the original male will be defending his original teritory against the new one.

Try moving all caves/ornaments to diferent positions and see if that helps. The males will then be on an even playing field and need to find new teritorys each.

the tank is 80 x 35 x 40. um i originally had four pots, but wen i added the blues i put in some rockwork tooo and an ornament.

Funny thing is. i had all the yellows in a community tank, with mainganos Ps. elongatus cobolt blues. The yellow male use 2 hide all the time, since i hav moved the yellows into the new tank it has goten all macho lol.. strange,

Hi, my 6x2x2 with more than 50 breeding Electric Yellows been there over a year, they're all hiding in three big pots, i've introduced another 30 Electric Blue, all around 8-9cm, they live fine together and all the yellow come out, but the only problem is that the Electric Blue never hold and they've been in there over three months (maybe the Elec Blue male is a bit smaller than the Elec Yellow male)

Hope its help, Cheers Phong

Archived