Fish poop

Chris.K

whos eating all the fish poop...the clown loaches or the pleco's ?

since i've put these in i've noticed a signficant reduction in the amount of detritus in the tank. did a full clean today, removed all rocks and everything and i barely found any. last time i did this, there was a decent accumulation behind rocks and just in general.

nice problem to have i suppose, but where is it all ? nothing else has changed in my tank really. still feed the same amount, (every 2nd day), filter the same, water flow the same...

Are your filter pickups, or inlet sections down low near the bottom of your tank??

If so, the clown loaches and pleco's could stir the bottom up enough to lift the rubbish up into the filter inlets and cause the rubbish to get sucked up a lot easier.

I find that. The Synos swimming on its own throws detritus in the air. A hungry plec will eat anything.

Are your filter pickups, or inlet sections down low near the bottom of your tank??

If so, the clown loaches and pleco's could stir the bottom up enough to lift the rubbish up into the filter inlets and cause the rubbish to get sucked up a lot easier.

Archived