Smart Phone apps for aquarists

cpfc

I have just received a new toy, my first iPhone. What useful apps are there for aquarists out there? I have just downloaded Dose from Seachem. No idea if it is of any use.

iv had mine for ages never thought about apps but please let me know if any are worth while down loading !

There is a free app from Seachem called Dose. Mainly focused towards reef and planted tanks though. As the name implies it calculates the dosages required for a number of Seachem's additives, buffers, etc.

I am struggling with forums on there at the moment. I can read OK but posting is a pain.

I've had an iPhone for a year (mostly gets used for ace :lol3:) and I haven't come across anything but fishkeeping games. But please If you find any post it up!

Cheers

I am struggling with forums on there at the moment. I can read OK but posting is a pain.

I've had an iPhone for a year (mostly gets used for ace :lol3:) and I haven't come across anything but fishkeeping games. But please If you find any post it up!

Cheers

What is going wrong? I'm using it to post right now. I'm no tech head but I may be able to help.

When quoting I struggle to place the cursor before the [. It always goes after. The other issue is fat fingers and getting used to it. I touch type on a keyboard pretty fast so I feel like I have brakes on.

What is going wrong? I'm using it to post right now. I'm no tech head but I may be able to help.

At the moment I zoom with a double tap. The manual says pinch. I will have to watch an expert.

You know how to zoom right in by sliding your fingers? And yes it is a step back from computer but sadly enough I have become pretty fast on the iPhone lol

You know how to zoom right in by sliding your fingers? And yes it is a step back from computer but sadly enough I have become pretty fast on the iPhone lol

yes it takes alittle getting use to!

you can't zoom where you type but if you hold down at a spot between txt you will zoom

now without taking your finger off slde across to leave the cerser where you want it then type what you want :)

Eh that works. I am sure it will get better with practise.

to zoom keep your index finger and thumb together as a pinch then together place on screen that you are reading then separate !

reverse to shrink!

hope this helps

Archived