Fluval 405 and fx 5 opinions wanted

Priscacara

Hi, been looking at these 2 filters as I have a worsening problem in my 4x2x2 SA at the moment with a heto 701 canister filter barely working.

I currently have an eheim pro II 2028 on my 6x2x2 and have had no problems with it in a year of use. The heto 701 is supposed to be same spec for output but the heto hasnt lasted 3 months. I know the fx 5 would be way too big for my 4 footer but no idea if the 405 would be enough as they are rated up to 400 litres and my tank has roughly 450. I also considered swapping the eheim on the 6 footer for the fx 5 and putting the eheim on the 4 footer.

Any opinions and suggestions welcome as always.

Les.

Hi Les,

Why would a FX5 be too much for your 4x2x2 ?

I have a 4ftx45cm W x 60 cm H, with FX5 and eheim 2217, water is crystal clear.

Ok I keep T's but would still recommend it.

Cheers

Frank

The flow rate of the fx I was thinking too much for the 4 footer, its full of juvi eartheaters, some tetras, rainbows etc. I can really only afford to run 1 filter on the tank so putting the bigger fx5 on the 6 footer that has my fronties, dolphins etc and putting the eheim onto the 4 seemed to be the way to go.

I havet ordered the fx5 or 405 yet, the lets drag our feet cashing cheques by banks is slowing down my tax return for a few days :-(

A different question for the 4 footer to make sure I have it right, a T5 light setup costs less but gives good light in comparison to a T8 yes?

Tx for the replies, things can get confusing at times so always appreciated.

Les.

Archived