new 6x2.5x2 (lxbxh) on pallet racking of 6x2x2

sicklidrus

hi all,

i have pallet racking to measure a 6x2x2 but my tank is 6x2.5wx2 high, can anybody tell me whether this will work and the tank wont crack or something, any ideas will be appreciated..

also what if i lay some timber exteded extra across the racking to take the extra 6 inches overhang

cheers

gus

hi all,

i have pallet racking to measure a 6x2x2 but my tank is 6x2.5wx2 high, can anybody tell me whether this will work and the tank wont crack or something, any ideas will be appreciated..

also what if i lay some timber exteded extra across the racking to take the extra 6 inches overhang

cheers

gus

should be fine if you use thick enough wood or pull your rack apart and make it wider by moving the side braces (if possible)

hi all,

cheers

gus

should be fine if you use thick enough wood or pull your rack apart and make it wider by moving the side braces (if possible)

my pallet racking already has a tanks on the bottom it would be hard, what about i put some 3x2 horozontaly and then put the tank on that, what do u think will it work, they are good tanks for large fish

thanks

gus

That's more or less what I did with my pallet racking. The rack is about 80cm wide and my tanks are only 60cm. I put timbers across (every 2ft or so), then plywood on top, and styrofoam. It's been running for the last 7+ years or so...

IMHO, as long as the rack is level, strong enough timbers, you should be ok.

Archived