Bristlenose spawn size?

cprize

Hey all, just curious as to what size spawns are average and large for common bristlenose.

When i was breeding bristlenose id always end up with 30-50eggs, but ive heard can be alot higher, is this true? What determines the spawn size?

Some females i had were big in size too.

Thanks!

Hey all, just curious as to what size spawns are average and large for common bristlenose.

When i was breeding bristlenose id always end up with 30-50eggs, but ive heard can be alot higher, is this true? What determines the spawn size?

Some females i had were big in size too.

Thanks!

it depends on yhe size of the female really you can look at the conditioning of her aswell meaning well feed been some time since she breed

bn tend to breed on or after big WC so avoid them if they just breed and do it when the female looks nice and big

but it is the size that makes the big batches happen! i have heard 150! in a batch now that is a big cluster and female adv is 80-100 per batch

Ok, so basically they breed one water changes? I used to breed them, they didnt breed on water changes they just bred lol.. How often do they breed? Monthly? Or fornightly? Mine were pretty prolific..

Ok, so basically they breed one water changes? I used to breed them, they didnt breed on water changes they just bred lol.. How often do they breed? Monthly? Or fornightly? Mine were pretty prolific..

you should know then ?

how often were they producing fry or was your male breeding then eating or kicking eggs out?

how is prolific calculated in time?

they dont need a WC to breed but you can control them with WC's to make them breed

Mine were breeding monthly roughly..the male rarely kicked his eggs out, he did once or twice but that was when he had more then one batch of eggs..

What is your experiece with Bristlenose? How often were they breeding for you? Is it possible to be quicker then once a month?

WC control the way they breed? so the more i change the water the more they breed?

Thanks!

Archived