advice/ opinions wanted.

shannon

after a short lay off from fish due to relationship factors which thank god dont exist anymore. im seeking opinions on which way to go on my return.

option 1: 4x2x2 stocked with 3 ellioti 1m 2f and 4 possibly 5 satanoperca leucosticta hoping for 2m3f with some sterbai corys and some larger tetras taking up the upper tank.

option2: 4x2x2 open plan tank with sand a couple of boulders and possibly 3 or 4 shells. 4 gold comps 2m 2f , 4 f1 mpimbwe 1m 3f or 7 bar frontosas 1m 3f, a pair of spilopterus, a pair of vittatus and 4 very juvenile ventralis chaitika 1m 3f.

also almost all of the tangs will be getting bought from st george so just out of curiousity i'd like to know who supplied them with their gold comps (stunning) just so i know which lines to avoid in the future. if you arent comfortable saying it in the open forum could you please pm me? as i have also seen great golds at campbelltown and would like to know if they are related.

the tank is very well filtered so waste wont be an issue.

any advice on stocking please throw your 2 cents in.

shannon

G'day Shannon,

The Tang option sounds good, but might perhaps need a bigger tank than 4 x 2 x 2. Out of those two, I truly like the 1st option - it will look absolutely amazing and that mix of fish should get on beautifully!

Well thought out!

Andrew.

G'day Shannon,

The Tang option sounds good, but might perhaps need a bigger tank than 4 x 2 x 2. Out of those two, I truly like the 1st option - it will look absolutely amazing and that mix of fish should get on beautifully!

Well thought out!

Andrew.

i would forego the ventralis in the tang tank. do u think a 4x2x2 would be big enough then?

Both options have fish that are too big for your tank size.

Satanoperca Leucosticta - 30cm

Any Frontosa - 30cm

Much too large.

From memory the ventralis like more swimming space, but I'm not 100% sure.

Cheers Mark~

Sure you could cram a 4ft Arowana into a 4fter doesn't mean its right.

Obviously you could keep the fronty's in a 4ft when young, but they do get to 30cm so depends if you want to upgrade or not.

Not to mention you want to add a bunch of other fish, the spilo's would be eaten by a full grown frontosa too.

But you may do as you like.

Cheers Mark~

Sure you could cram a 4ft Arowana into a 4fter doesn't mean its right.

Obviously you could keep the fronty's in a 4ft when young, but they do get to 30cm so depends if you want to upgrade or not.

Not to mention you want to add a bunch of other fish, the spilo's would be eaten by a full grown frontosa too.

But you may do as you like.

Cheers Mark~

are there any sandsifters that get big enough not to be eaten by frontosa?

I wouldn't put any sandsifter in with fronts. Sandsifters are best keep in species or with 1-2 other gentle species, cyp's or paracyp's.

I also wouldn't keep comps with vittatus as they both use shells.

I'd reduce the number of species and just keep it simple. You'll get more breeding success that way.

Shannon it's good your back into fish keeping and it sucks that it was your mrs doing that you got out of it im still kicking my self that i didnt buy your set up ! was actually telling my cusin last night how dumb he was for not getting it lol

anyway

il go tangs with everything you said if that is what you wany as they are going to be young it wont be a problem!

it is only going to be a disply!

if and when they get to breeding age i would sugest a close eye on them and sell a group off if they start to fight!

i dont believe that they will aslong as you set it up the right way with different sections for each then dont move it around

IMO

Archived