half mouth gar

Foti

i was in a fish shop about 2 months ago to get some frozen food and as always i tell myself no more fish! lol and once again i bought some as i was looking around i seen a tank with these half mouth gar i never seen anything like these before and i loved them straight away so i took 2 1 male 1female didnt even know what they were called till i ask on the forum

well i did a search and found that they should be heald in groups of 2 males to a female tho i knew by the time i went back to the store they would of been sold out since it was a few days after, so i didnt care if they breed or not i just liked them

3 days ago i was having a good look at them and realised that the female was big "big bellied" so i hoped that she was pregnant lol

today i looked at her she was normal so i guessed that i should look lol there in there so small

im so happy that i got a male and female :)

so now the count

abn lf fry in cave 4 out

Fuelleborni female relased 25 fry

half mouth fry? too small to find all to count

all this past 7 days

im very happy guys n gals just wanted use to know

i have added a pic of the half mouth gar

IPB Image

The good ole Half beaks have live young and the babies need good quality food etc or they can have problems with growth.

Best to run with 1 m to 2 or more females, in small tanks males can be very aggresive to each other

hope you get some of the fry through :thumb

The good ole Half beaks have live young and the babies need good quality food etc or they can have problems with growth.

Best to run with 1 m to 2 or more females, in small tanks males can be very aggresive to each other

i counted about 6 2 i moved to another tank to see how they go :)

i am happy everything i read about them stated that they need good quality food and good enviroment or they die easy im glade that they bred means they got both

but like you said i hope fry servive if you breed these and can recomend some advice

i would appreciate it :)

once again thank you

i counted about 6 2 i moved to another tank to see how they go :)

i am happy everything i read about them stated that they need good quality food and good enviroment or they die easy im glade that they bred means they got both

but like you said i hope fry servive if you breed these and can recomend some advice

i would appreciate it :)

once again thank you

BEAK lol half beak

hahahahahah

thank you for the corection :)

thank you :thumbup:

Archived