micro worms!

Foti

They are a very useful food.I culture them on poridge and feed them with bakers yeast.They are small but tiny cichlid fry (esp Rams) do well on them.They are great for fry just too small for BBS like some killis and some rainbows.They are one of the easiest live foods to keep going and are good in combination with BBS

hi mate

i have about 6 icecream containers with them in it, i just put bread and a small amount of yeast in there, they breed really quickly and all my fry love them. very easy to keep them going.

cheers

pete.

thanks guys i also read the link provide which explained about rotating the containers i only got the container at the meeting so i think is fairly new do in about 2 weks il make afew batches of thois stuff to rotate

Glenn if you are anywhere near me any time soon let me know il give you a container to get you started!

hi guys was just wondering what eats micro worms plus do they grow ?

were should i store them

I feed mine flour mixed with a little yeast and some sprilina powder and enough water to make a paste, and keep them in those rectangular type take away food containers.

A tip...when using porridge don't follow the preparation directions on the packet....for some reason for me it just has never worked well (and a few other people have told me the same thing)

I use one cup porridge (cheap Coles stuff) and add one cup of HOT (not boiling ) water straight from the tap...I then mix it well with a fork...Ive found if you over mix it the microworms don't do well, if you under mix it they don't do well...(just like Goldilocks is suppose)

Mike :)

Archived