EHEIM 2217 making sounds

LEG-IT

hi,

so today i unplugged my aquaone cf700 and cleaned it and packed it back into the box (found a surface skimmer) and plugged in my 2217 for a swap,

the 2217 at the start was making loud noise but noticed some oxygen was in the filter so i turned it off and all the oxygen got flushed out back in the tank,

i turned it back on and the noise his reduced but there still is a mhmhmhmhmh sound,

i havent used it for a 4months but did noticed a noice but dont know if it is that loud,

is this normal or are they usually quite?

cheers

They are usually extremely quiet, I leave my one in the study room and barely notice the noise, there will be some noise after you clean the filter and to minimise it, you have to siphon the air out and let the water fill up the filter, plug in after 2,3 mins and usually the noise is gone in 30 mins.

They are usually extremely quiet, I leave my one in the study room and barely notice the noise, there will be some noise after you clean the filter and to minimise it, you have to siphon the air out and let the water fill up the filter, plug in after 2,3 mins and usually the noise is gone in 30 mins.

well, i turned it off and unplugged it to see if theres anything wrong, it turns out the rubber seal was not in place properly, but however it still makes this rattling noise,

could it be one of the clip is missing it is making this noise?

Archived