Albino Bristlenose Male not sure whats wrong?

intern1

This male albino bristlenose male doesn't look right he is over 10cm long maybe up to 12cm. So he is an adult and breeding size but not sure whats wrong. He has been looking a bit pale and his stomach looks a bit large plus near hi anus there is a bulge from his stomach its like a hernia.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Any ideas of what the problem is and how i can fix it?

John

Are they testies? If so I reckon he needs a nice lady;)

I've seen a few bristlenose have that before. Never posed an issue from my experiance.

In regards to the poor colour try feeding it pumpkin and zucchini. The pumpkin in particular really makes them orange.

Are they testies? If so I reckon he needs a nice lady;)

I've seen a few bristlenose have that before. Never posed an issue from my experiance.

In regards to the poor colour try feeding it pumpkin and zucchini. The pumpkin in particular really makes them orange.

ahahaha :clap @cpfc

just be careful there because it could be possibly bloat. i cant tell by the picture but is the stomach really pointing out? not by his sides but a bit swollen towards you when you look at it. because that could mean it has bloat.

but if it isnt maybe its just fat :p

what have you been feeding them lateley?

feeding to much high in protein foods and zucchini have been known to cause bloat also bad water quality is another reason to bloating.

It's not bloat guys. The fish would be showing some more serious symptoms if it were bloat and it would not look like that. That looks like a healthy bristlenose to me, slightly poor colour but most likely due to the food fed.

I disagree completely that zucchini causes bloating. I've raised hundreds of bristlenose on just zucchini and never had any issues what so ever. I know of at least half a dozen breeders who also feed almost exclusively zucchini. It does cause the water to go cloudy but that clears up overnight if you run a decent filter and bloat is to do with poor foods, not poor water quality.

It's not bloat guys. The fish would be showing some more serious symptoms if it were bloat and it would not look like that. That looks like a healthy bristlenose to me, slightly poor colour but most likely due to the food fed.

I disagree completely that zucchini causes bloating. I've raised hundreds of bristlenose on just zucchini and never had any issues what so ever. I know of at least half a dozen breeders who also feed almost exclusively zucchini. It does cause the water to go cloudy but that clears up overnight if you run a decent filter and bloat is to do with poor foods, not poor water quality.

very well said regurding foods but this fish in picture has bloat and from what i can tell from his wtb add he has already died

epsom salt baths would of been a good start but he has been having troubles with his water also treating fish with a dewormerin its food plus he has put fish through some larger water changes to induse a spawn

so the bloating could of been from anything but the loss of colour is the most important indicater to a sick fish 'regurds albino bn' plus fanning and heavy breathing!

best of luck

foti

Archived