Algae eaters

Chris.K

ok, got some algae growing on my rocks now so looking to add in some algae eaters. i have 2 cuckoo cats and looking to add another couple soon, but they dont seem interested in algae. any recommendations other than common BN ?

430L 5x2 tank

Peppermint BN?

ok, got some algae growing on my rocks now so looking to add in some algae eaters. i have 2 cuckoo cats and looking to add another couple soon, but they dont seem interested in algae. any recommendations other than common BN ?

430L 5x2 tank

It would depend on the species of algae really.. most algae can be controlled by light and nutrient uptake. Not all fish eat all algaes. A piccy would be good. Also some algae in the tank is a good thing, especially for the algavores. Keep the light period lower and do more waterchanges or up your filter.

You have cookoos so i assume a malawi or tang tank. With a long light period algae especially BGA seems to grow. Reduce light period to 2 X 4 hour periods and it will likely clear up. Also i have had newer tanks have an influx of algae species and then clear up on its own. High KH water in relation to high light seems to be prime conditions for many alge species. You work through them instead of adding more bio load.

Archived