Red Zebra super skinny

Chris.K

one of my red zebs is holding eggs at the moment and is starting to get very skinny. this may sound like a stupid question, but can they starve themselves to death by not eating ? do i need to do anything or just let nature take its course and if she gets hungry she will just spit em out.

one of my red zebs is holding eggs at the moment and is starting to get very skinny. this may sound like a stupid question, but can they starve themselves to death by not eating ? do i need to do anything or just let nature take its course and if she gets hungry she will just spit em out.

this happens when they hold they dont eat till they hatch most people move the female and then faten her up before they put her back in which might be an option for you ?

but that tends to upset the hierarchy in the colony

as for weight loss its normal if she is getting picked on move her

thanks foti. i tried to get her out today cos she is getting a bit harrassed and it was a no-go; too hard to cacth. while i was trying to get her out i had a close look and realised my electric yellow and mbamba bay are both holding aswell. no wonder everyone has been testy the past few days...maybe thats also why the jewel got so harassed when i added her in ?

cant take them all out to isolate so they're just gonna have to tough it out.

Archived