Frontosa Tank-mates in a 6x2x2.

Altec

Hey Guys,

I currently have a 6x2x2 set-up with 8X 2.5-3 Inch Burundi.

With a FX5 as filtrations.

Ph=7.8.

I would like to know if I could add 2-3 of these:

http://badmanstropicalfish.com/profiles/profile97.html

The ones I'm looking at getting are in the 2.5-3 Inch area.

What else would you guys recommend as suitable tank-mates?

Cheers Craig.

Hey Guys,

I currently have a 6x2x2 set-up with 8X 2.5-3 Inch Burundi.

With a FX5 as filtrations.

Ph=7.8.

I would like to know if I could add 2-3 of these:

http://badmanstropicalfish.com/profiles/profile97.html

The ones I'm looking at getting are in the 2.5-3 Inch area.

What else would you guys recommend as suitable tank-mates?

Cheers Craig.

Hi mate, your setup sounds great would love photos. I'm sure there will be plenty of ideas posted up but you are prob going to be better if you stick to Africans as the water requirements are different with Americans. Oreochromis tanganicae are a great tank mate for frontosa if you can find them.

Ben

Ok thanks.

Anyone else got any ideas??

Cheers Craig.

EDIT:

Thought I should mention that my mate who I'm buying them off has them in a tank with a Ph of 8.

What is your aim with these frontosas? If you aim to breed them then I don't suggest having many tankmates and the tankmates you do select be very careful.

I've gone through many stages where I said tankmates were fine and then thought otherwise later but I found my colony of frontosa when I still had them breed best alone, but did benefit from having some fish in the tank to increase their confidence otherwise they were very skittish.

I'd reccommend fish such as silver sharks from experiance. I have heard good things about geo's from others but I don't know how they will go in your pH (Difference between thrive and survive being the problem). Just ensure you stay away from mbuna as they tend to nip the fins of the frontosa.

I have my Fronts in with C. moori, N. lelupie (spelling), Julidichromis and some juvenile peacocks and red zebras. I also have a variety of catfish but they wont cause any problems.

What is your aim with these frontosas?

I would like to eventually have them breed.

But that won't be happening for quite a while, so I want to add something else in the meantime. As a 6x2x2 looks a bit empty with only 8X small fish.

Archived